[IP] Re: Numbness

     Hi Doreen,
     Don't panic yet--see your doctor. I have the same thing, and it is NOT
     neuropathy. I have carpal tunnel syndrome, which I have learned, is
     more prevalent in diabetics. Probably because it is a nerve related
     problem. Mine has gone on for a few  years, and I have been to a
     neurologist twice now. The second time I got a wonderful(yeah, right)
     shot of steroids in my wrist. It hurt for a couple of days, and then a
     miracle happened-my hand felt better! So go. The first signs are what
     you describe-the pinky and ring finger are usually affected. Write me
     back personally if you have anymore questions!