Re: [IP] Humalog Allergy?

hi larry -

sorry to hear about your daughters allergic reaction; unfortunately i can

i've been diabetic for 22 years and twice in those years developed an
allergic reaction to something (never determined just what it was).     the
first time i had severe hives for 9 months where my face would swell, looked
like a boxer after a fight -- my eyes would swell shut.      the second time
they lasted for 18 months and i also got them in my throat.     we were
living in pennsylvania at that time, and my allergist prescribed a
prescription that not only made me itch alot less, but kept the hives from
making me look like a boxer.     i wasn't on humalog at the time, and we
switched insulins; nothing helped but time.      hopefully your daughters
case is nothing like mine - i don't know that i could go through that again!

good luck and keep us informed!