From: Steve Bieringer <email @ redacted>
To: "INTERNET:email @ redacted" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #353
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 11:30:25 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:email @ redacted
 >I have recently switched from a glucometer elite to a precision QID meter
due the the very large difference in the price of the strips <

My HMO is trying to make me switch to the Precision as well.  They sent me
one and some strips.  It read anyhere from 10% to 25% higher than my
current meter.  My only advice is for everyone to argue and fight every HMO
that tries to make you switch.  They are making business decisions on which
meter we should use, not medical decisions or decisions based on our needs
to manage our diabetes.  No one should make it easy for them on this issue.
  Keep talking to them and work right up the management chain, complaining
about their dictating this choice and lack of concern for your health.