[IP] numbness in fingers

Hi, all--

After some thirty years of having insulin-dependent diabetes, I've recently
noticed that the little finger and ring finger of both my hands are
frequently numb/tingly.  The feelings (or lack thereof) are intermittent.

I know I need to call my doc about this, but before I do--would any of you
with this type of experience let me know if my level of concern should be
at the mild, moderate, or PANIC state?  I'm usually an optimistic realist
(which seems to describe many of us on this list); I just want some
information on a situation that is new to me.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences and/or comments.

Doreen in Wyoming