RE: [IP] I need advice on what to do!

Hi Kim,

Congratulations on your new pump. The issue with static electricity was
discussed in considerable depth about 3 months ago here on IP. May I suggest
you have a look in the archives on what was said - basically, leather,
plastic or any anything else does not provide protection against static
charges. The only way to avoid them is to wear appropriate footwear and be
aware of very dry, ambient conditions - such as a tumble dryer when you
first open it.