Re: [IP] I need advice on what to do!

Carrie, No, you certainly don't need a month of training.  Your doctor can be a phone call away.  Like you, I had read the book on pumping, knew how to use a calculator and had an emergency beeper direct line to my doc. (I went on a bus trip to a quilt show for two days the weekend after I got my pump and did fine.)  You should set your alarm clock and test your bg at midnight and at 3 am the first few nights.  The Pumping Insulin book will tell you how to adjust your basals during the night up or down, depending on your readings.  Just be sure to write everything down for your doc. I'm sure others here will give you more and better advice, but I do wish you the best of luck.  Also, the MiniMed Support staff, both Techs and Customer-Support are great, so don't hesitate to call the 800 # at any time. Just stay cool, at Ole Miss?/margaret