[IP] Al gore

Now everyone tell me does this sound like a political answer.  Almost like
he was dodging a specific answer.

9:55 pm
Will you support diabetes research?
-- L.R. Hoffmann
Houston, TX

Al Gore:
Yes, I will. I have very strongly supported biomedical research of all
kinds as a Congressman, as a Senator, as Vice President -- and I will
propose dramatic increases as President. We are now on the verge of mapping
the genetic code for the entire human body -- unlocking the secrets of
cancer, AIDS, diabetes, and so many crushing diseases. Now is the time to
more aggressively harness these advances -- and then to make them available
to all our people.