Re: [IP] Re: Optimism re diabetes

I am assuming that 36 years is considered an old timer.  When I was three I had
my toity ( toilet ) so I never missed that spoon.  :-)  I feel very fortunate
that what complications I do have ( Gastroparesis and nuropothy ) are very
mild.  I go back and forth between feeling lucky and / or grateful for the
effort my parents made and myself when came of age.  Even thought I "cheated" (
I don't know if read my earlier post, so I won't repeat myself ) from the time
I knew how until I was 19, my parents made me exercise, walk, ride a bike
whatever.  My mom also had the entire family on the "diabetic" diet, she didn't
know abut the "cheating" part.  When I was nineteen and turned my life around,
meaning taking care of myself, eating right and exercise.  Now mind you I am no
athlete, but I am addicted to getting in my aerobic exercise in at least four
times per week and jump at the opportunity to take walks.  So maybe there is
connection to exercise, diet and complications.  Just my .02 worth.