Re: [IP] Re: Optimism re diabetes - Tight Control vs Complications

I've been diabetic for 13 years.  At this point, I have Gastroparesis and the
very beginnings of neuropothy in my feet.  I was able to reverse retinopothy
on my own, but you can add that to the list too.  My eye doctor has told me
on a couple of occasions that tight control can actually cause complications
rather then prevent them.  Until I read the attached e-mail (and a few others
from IP) I didn't believe it.  I've been going for tight control, but now I'm
going to relax and accept good control.  In the long run that might work out