[IP] Re: Optimism re diabetes - Tight Control vs Complications

Lori,

Thank you for being realistic and I am sorry you must endure peoples
stupidity!  I have posted what I am about to post again in the past but I
believe you bring up a very good point and I feel compelled to share again.

In my early 20's I knew another diabetic woman who was diagnosed at the same
age as myself, three.  She was in tight control and didn't eat the "bad"
stuff and never "cheated" ( my favorite word! ).  Me on the other hand ate
every piece of sugar imaginable and in sight.  Didn't start taking care of
myself until I as 19, "cheated"  etc..  Guess who had kidney problems, loss
of their eyesight, feet problems, bottom line every complication possible?
If you guessed me, your wrong.  She did, the person with the tight control.

So here is a prime example of what Lori brings up.  Am I saying don't take
care of yourself, no not at all, but please let's not pass judgment on those
with compilations, including myself now, minor, thank god, but there.