Re: [IP] Re: Optimism re diabetes

Lori, I'm sorry that you have had complications, considering that you took
care of yourself. However, I found your message a little harsh....At 19 yrs.
old, I already get a tad depressed about my future with diabetes, and if I
was constantly told that I would probably have my foot amputated or go blind
by the time I was 30, I think I would end up in a mental ward.  My sanity and
peace with my disease comes from knowing that there is hope...that I can
possibly CURB the complications if I take care of myself.  If I didn't remind
myself of that, I doubt that I would be too motivated to take care of myself.
 Teenagers already have a hard enough time dealing with diabetes and trying
to feel "normal" and fit in.... we don't need to increase their anxiety by
being negative.  It's a shame that people told you "if only you would have
taken care of yourself."  That's not fair, and I wish you the best of luck.
Sincerely, Jasmine, dx 10 yrs. old, about to start pumping when I see my Dr.
Wednesday  :)