Re: [IP] Re: Optimism re diabetes

Hmmm. This is probably just my own little non-pumper newly diagnosed naive
opinion . . .I don't know.  I realize that there is no guarantee against a
complication free life.  Basically, anyone would accept a cure or a diabetes
free life if offered, but the reality right now is that it isn't.  As
someone who spent the first two months after diagnosis in one continuous
depression, I know what it's like to wake up in the morning thinking, what's
the point, I'm just going to contribute to my own death by getting up and
eating.  Why not just dies sooner? get it overwith? But my point is, that
yeah, this is ok and normal at first, but I had to get over it.  Actually it
really helped to be on this list and once I started meeting people in my own
area who were also diabetic, I just wasn't as depressed.  I know that even
my best efforts won't guarantee a perfect life, but my long winded point
here is that it doesn't do any good to assume a self destructing attitude.
I agree that a realistic attitude is necessary or else you will be torn
apart (even more) if something bad happens.  But right now just try the best
you can!! You can't do any better than that.  I used to get
upset/depressed/whatever/dark stormcloud type mood whenever my bg wasn't
perfect.  Now I just try to fix it. It doesn't mean I try any less.  As the
music man once said . . ."if you save up too many tomorows, you end up with
a lot of empty yesterdays."

p.s. I am not criticizing anyone who wrote this message.  Just my opinion.