[IP] speaking of minimed

There has been lots of discussion on here about wishing minimed people or
disetronic people were listening . . .I have a slightly different question
here . . . I would like to work for minimed (since that is teh brand I am
getting, nothing against disetronic) someday, only I have NO IDEA what that
entails or what things to study in college and whether this requires medical
training or anything about this!! I would currently like to major in
communications or some such thing . . .would this be applicable?  Can anyone
shed some light on this? I want to help other people with diabetes . . .also
if anyone has any ideas on volunteer work I could get into to help other
people with diabetes in the time being . . .I'm 17 and going to be a senior.
  :) Thanks, from Gianna (who would accept a cure anytime now, but has found
some life direction since diagnosis . . . )