[IP] Hi Carrie Wade!

Hi Carrie!
My name is Robin Degnan and I just received your email. I was diagnosed with diabetes at age 4. How old were you when diagnosed? I absolutely love my new pump! When are you expecting your pump? I hope you have just as much success as I have. I love my new way of life. I sleep in whenever I want and wake up with a bs of 120 most mornings! I am still having trouble believing I have such good control over my life for the first time in my life. No more forced snacks when I am not hungry! No more tight schedules or injections at specific times! If dinner is going to be late, no problem now! I just can't say enough great things about being a pump user! It took a couple of weeks to get my basal rates and bolus amounts on target, but it has definitely been worth it! Before going on the pump, my a1c was 11.8. I had one about a month ago and it was an 8.2! A major improvement for me! I'm working toward an a1c of 7 or below.  The worst part of using a pump is the infusion set. It's a little intimidating at first, but became a part of life for me just like 2 injections a day did. I use my stomach for an infusion site and have had no problems so far.My only complaint about the pump is I haven't been able to find a way to wear my pump with dresses. I usually wear shorts or skirts, but when I have to wear a dress, it presents a problem for me because I have nowhere to clip it. Well, I just wanted to say hello. I am so glad I will have someone who is going through the same things as me to talk to. It helps a lot to know you're not alone! I wish you the best with your pump. Let me know how it's going!
   P.S. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at email @ redacted. I look forward to hearing from you!