RE: [IP] Any reccommendations for CHO Books/guides??

Are there any other sources for carb factors that any one knows of off hand
?  I have been using the list in the Pocket pancreas and in Walsh book
"Pumping Insulin".   They seem to be the same list and it seems to be
partial.

You can find the Pocket Pancreas at  http://www.diabetesnet.com/  It is 5.95
or so and they also have "My other check Book"  To record and graph you
food/exercise/bgt's

Curtis Lomax

JC,

I use "The Complete Book of Food Counts" by Corinne T.
Netzer -- it is excellent.

I also have "The Pocket Pancreas."  It is a little booklet
that has carb factors listed at the end of the book.  You
have to have a scale that will weigh grams in order to use
it, though.

:^)

--- JC Howell <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I'm trying to find a good carb counting book/list.
>
> I've looked at the book list on the IP page. I'm
> considering the Diabetes CHO and Fat Gram Guide ...
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts on the best one out
> there?
>
> Also, I've heard mention of *The Pocket Pancreas* on
> the list, is this a real book or is it a way of
> referencing one of the guides? If it IS a real book,
> where does one find it? I haven't seen it anywhere.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> ===
> JC

===