Re: [IP] Can someone help me please?(insulin/exercise/carbs/dessert)

  One additional suggestion from Melissa's CDE that seems to work for her:
temporary basal. If she's having Chinese food or pizza, she'll take her
calculated bolus after the meal, and once it's gone through, she'll increase
her basal  ( from .6 to 1.0 for example) for the next 3-4 hours & that seems
to work for her.  Once again, YMMV, but when she DOESN'T do this, she's
almost guaranteed to be in the 300s 4 hours later from delayed absorption. In
fact, we were at a JDF WALK to Cure Diabetes meeting last month, seated
across the room from her CDE. As she started to bite into her pizza, I saw
him mouthing the words" temp. basal" to her! LOL...
Regards, Renee (Melissa's mom)