Re: [IP] high bgs and colds

On Sat, 7 Aug 1999 email @ redacted wrote:

> Kevin has had a cold for 3 days now and we are battling something we hoped
> NOT to experience with a pump. He has had consistant bgs of over 200! We
> started out being conservative with the corrections because 1/2 units can
> bring him down 100 pts...but he would stay high. Today we were doing 1 unit
> corrections and temporarily raising the basal to 150%. Still high.  He doesnt
> have a fever, just a cough and running/stuffy nose going on.
This kind of thing is pretty common with a general infection such as a
cold. Crank up his basals, keep checking and be prepared to bring them
down quickly. I worried all the same worries the first couple of time
this sort of thing came up. Don't be afraid to be agressive, just be

Michael - a dad whose been there done that (with circles under his eyes).