[IP] high bgs and colds

Kevin has had a cold for 3 days now and we are battling something we hoped
NOT to experience with a pump. He has had consistant bgs of over 200! We
started out being conservative with the corrections because 1/2 units can
bring him down 100 pts...but he would stay high. Today we were doing 1 unit
corrections and temporarily raising the basal to 150%. Still high.  He doesnt
have a fever, just a cough and running/stuffy nose going on.

It is getting frustrating. I've changed the site, changed the insulin, tubing
etc....nothing is helping so it must be the cold.  He used to be high with
cold and shots too.

Any suggestions???

Mom of Kevin, 11, dx 12/98
pumping since 5/99