Re: [IP] Should have taught my son to use the pen!

email @ redacted writes:

<< Do the kids
 on the young pumpers list talk about learning to insert the infusion sets
 themselves? >>

Stephen is 12 and has been pumping only 4 weeks. He has done all insertions
by himself except one, and he didn't like me doing it (that set hurt more for
the 2 days he kept it in).  He uses emla cream, but I just got a letter from
him at camp where he did a set change without it.  He learned using softsets
with the Minimed softsetter, but he didn't like that because the cannula went
too deep.  He now uses silhouettes and does fine inserting them.
Good Luck