re:[IP] .1 increments or .5 increments

Anita using Eliz' pump first,
(and other Disetronic users in IP list)
.5unit/beep is only the "pre-set-standard" for Disetronic pumps,
As you have become aware and others have mentioned already, this
and every other parameter can be set to something else if you
(or ordering health-care professional) ask. Some practicioners
may even have the D-modem accessible in their practice-offices,
so you might even be able to avoid the "send it to Minneapolis"
  When I started using my Disetronic H-Tron more than 6 years ago,
(the ancestor of Elizabeth's H-Tron Plus), I had a doctor who
wanted me to have it reduced from .5 to .1 unit/beep bolus step
like you are asking about.
  I talked him into a compromise I have been most satisfied with,
0.2 unit/beep (or 5beeps/unit).  A related parameter is the
maximum-bolus size, which is actually a beep-count, NOT the
size in units: increased from 30 (=15 u @ .5u/beep (?)) to
50 beeps=10 units @ .2u/beep .
This means my typical meal boluses(for 172 pounds 6 feet 47yr male)
of 4.8 to 6.2 units become 24 to 31 beeps.
I've known of other Disetronic-users having even 1 or 2units/beep,
and .3 .4 .6 .7 ... are all possible, but 0.1 0.2 0.5 seem the usual.
  Your mention of "button 20 times to give bolus" suggests you've
been injecting 2unit boluses in MDI as typical, so you could choose
either 0.1 or 0.2 as you find convenient.

David C. Winegarden
Fremont, CA