[IP] Dogwoodmt1

In a message dated 8/4/99 8:40:47 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< On a day when I found out that I will be raising 2 more children (I have 3
 my own) because of a relative's homeless situation, when I can't get my BS
 down under 250, when I have to have the police breakdown a client's door to
 get the children she had just kidnapped, and my computer at work went down
 for the second day in a row.  It was nice to come home and ask what color is
 my pump.  It made me smile and forget about a lot of problems.  Mine is
 the color of the sky in my world. >>

Hi Diane

I just had to send you a note. Sorry it's taken a few days. Been a rough week
here, too! LOL

We inherited our two grandchildren in December. They were 5 and 7 at the time
 -- just turned 6 and 8. That's a real pain when you've raised your family,
then you get *their* family. I love them dearly, but would really like my
freedom back sometimes. Isn't that what we reached our 50s to get? Oh, well.
It's best for them, although they came with a lot of emotional baggage that
we're still trying to get through. I'll bet your two new ones do, too. We got
them, BTW, when their parents had a fight, the cops were called, and they
were about to call child and family services to haul them off to foster care.
Not the first time. :-\

Just wanted you to know that you're not alone in your "inheritance." It's
rough at times, but it can be a real joy, too. I do volunteer work in their
classrooms and see so many children who need love and attention. I'm glad we
could take our little ones in, despite the disruption in our staid,
middle-aged lives. LOL

Feel free to blow off some steam with me. I understand.

And I have a blue pump, too. :-)