Re: [IP] Re: A1c tests

In a message dated 8/7/99 5:19:46 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  have been to *endos* who told me the A1C was an average and
 that lows could counterbalance highs.
 My only question for you is - are you sure they don't easily become
 "unstuck"? >>

I've heard -- and would like to know if it's true -- that your body will do
anything to get your BGs up when you go low, even to "unsticking" the glucose
from your blood cells. Which could result in lower A1cs if you let yourself
run low before the test. I don't know that it's true -- just curious if
that's correct.

Jan (who does *not* let herself go low on purpose, even for a better A1c)