Re: [IP] Insulin Use Before and After Pump

At 01:58 PM 08/06/1999  Susan K wrote:
 >IP List,
 >I have been wondering how much difference there is in total
 >daily insulin used before and after getting a pump.
 >Could people please respond with that information?

I think that this is a situation where each person is very different. But,
it is not uncommon to see a reduction in insulin use with the pump. For me,
it was about a 25% reduction. My doctor said the difference was because of
the way insulin is absorbed when pumping. For many people, injections
produce a pooling of insulin that is not always very efficiently absorbed.