[IP] Re: meter differences

I have recently switched from a glucometer elite to a precision QID meter
due the the very large difference in the price of the strips here in
Mexico.  I am having problems getting consistant readings using the
precision meter-  on the first attempt on the precision, my son's reading
was 40. The second was 43, and on the glucometer elite it was 90.  The next
attempt gave a 41 on the precision the first time, 133 the second time on
the precision and then on the glucometer elite it was 178.  Any
suggestions?  It is more difficult to get a "hanging drop" needed for the
precision strips as compared to the way the elite strips "suck up" the
blood.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Kathy