[IP] Jason's Coach

I agree with all that's been said (very well put) about Jason taking responsibility for his 'condition'.  It might help to know that the coach could have a discrimination suit filed against him if you want to take it that far.  I don't really recommend it, as having gone through it myself, I know how godawful stressful it can be.  Still, before you so much as open your mouth about discrimination to anyone, I recommend getting something in writing (from the coach, maybe saying it's for Jason's doctor, stating why he feels Jason isn't capable of participating-  at the very least get him to mention the diabetes as thee key factor before a witness).  This sounds like a lot of mumbo jumbo, I know, but IF you ever want to take it further (file suit, get a lawyer and all that rot) you have to be able to show that Jason wasn't allowed to play because of his diabetes and NOT because the coach found him incompetent.  Once you start threatening filing a suit, a nasty coach (or boss or wh!
atever) changes their tune right away and finds other reasons to get you off the job, the team, or what have you.

Unfortunately as you've probably guessed, I recently (2 years ago) went through this and am a veritable storehouse of info and venonm(LOL!) on this subject.
Good luck.