[IP] ? Delayed Humalog Absorption ?

I have a friend who is on a disetronic, uses tender infusion sets, and is
having a lot
of trouble with her bg's right now.  Her humalog does not seem to be fast
acting at
all... two hours after a basal, she'll hardly have dropped at all.  Also,
her sites only
last about two days.  Can I get advice from people with experience on this
I've heard about mixing Velosulin with Humalog.. is that for this problem?
Her highs take so long to come down, and it's hard to predict her basal
rates because
of this... she's not used to getting all these 200's and I think it's
turning her away from
the pump.

Thanks for any suggestions

Miranda Miller