[IP] Re: Optimism

     I just had to add something here as I read though the digests. My
     grandmother was the 3rd oldest living diabetic in Indiana when she
     died in 1997. She was diagnosed in 1935 with IDD. She was what they
     used to call "brittle". She used to act like a drunk, they said, when
     she was low. I remember one story my Grandpa would tell about
     everybody going to the movies when my dad was a little boy. Grandma
     got low, and starting freaking out in the theater like she had  few
     too many highballs! Well, she started running around, and the manager
     had to practically throw everybody out. Once out, she had orange
     juice, and calmed down. WWhew! We used to laugh so much at that.
     Anyway, my point is, she always gave me encouragement when I felt
     troubled. She actually diagnosed me herself with a urine test, and she
     was always there to reassure me. She used to work out, when no one her
     age did. Her friends used to tease her that she was putting "something
     else" in her shots, she had so much energy! My gram did anything she
     wanted, but she always took care of herself with whatever tools she
     had. Not as sophisticated as we have today, but she did what she
     could. Optimism is difficult, butI always put it in perspective
     against someone else's plight. Then it doesn't seem so bad. hey i can
     actually LIVE with this and have a good life. I couldn't be more
     thankful for what I have right now:a loving husband, a beautiful,
     sweet little boy, and family and friends I can count on. Seems okay to
     me! Just wanted to add my 2 cents.:)