Re: [IP] OUR MORTALITY

In a message dated 8/5/99 6:18:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time, email @ redacted
writes:

<< JUST TURN IT AROUND LET
 YOUR LIFE INTERFERE WITH YOUR PROBLEMS. DON'T GIVE UP LIFE IS WAY TO SHORT
 SPEND IT ON COMPLAINTS.  >>
In some ways this discussion got started because of one person's concern over
her mortality by having another child.  This is a real concern for women and
a very difficult decision to make.  Women face issues men don't especially
when it comes to hormones, and pregnancy.  Not only that but women in our
society tend to be the primary caregivers.  What if the mother dies?  What
happens to young children?  I guess being that I am 34 and have had diabetes
17yrs and have three children 7, 4, and 3, when something happens to me or
another diagnosis is added, I worry about them.  I worry about their future
without me.  I have tried to make provisions for all of that.  Although we
should not dwell on our mortality I would be really ignorant and stupid if I
didn't plan for my demise and my children's future.  So in my experience it
become important sometimes to concentrate on those aspects.

Kathleen