[IP] STP road race

>I am planning to ride the Seattle to Portland cycling tour next year. Has
anyone completeted that with an insulin pump? Any hints or suggestions? On
the few training rides I have gone on, I could almost get away with turning
the pump off for an hour or so. But on an all-day ride, I wouldn't do it.<

Hi Greg,
I've done a significant amount of riding (on my bike) with my pump. One thing
I would suggest is to clip the pump to your shorts and let the bike shirt
"lay" over it. Don't put the pump into the back-of-bike-shirt pocket. Keep it
on your waist at a place that you can easily access it. You will need to
continually adjust your temporary basil rate. I manage my Bg and my ability
to consume "normal" amounts of food/drink, by adjusting my rates with a
temporary decrease/increase which can vary from 0 to 140%. If you keep the
pump in your pocket and drop it during an adjustment while riding...BIG
TROUBLE! Check your Bg often!

Good luck and Happy trails,

Bill King