[IP] thanks a million and some GREAT NEWS!!

Hi all!  I just wanted to thank all of you pumpers and future pumpers out
there who have written to me giving suggestions and support and advice and
just a great group of people to be in touch with . . .thanks so much
especially for all the advice on colleges and all the letters from people my
age out there!
   And some great news too . . .the best two days of my life since diagnosis
3 months ago:  I just got a NEW ENDO who I absolutely love . . much better
than my old pediatric endos, who, at 17, I have definately outgrown ("Quick!
Your blood sugar is only 130!! You need some juice. Now!!")  anyway . . .i
made an appointment with my new doc for Oct 8 (the soonest they had.)  then
the nurse called the next day (yesterday) and said she couldn't sleep
because she was thinking about how badly I wanted a pump etc. etc. and
managed to fit me in for an appointment TODAY!!! Wow.  So I went and met my
new doc. who is wonderful and who approved me for a pump!  He said it might
only take a few weeks as recently his patients have been receiving their
pumps in about two weeks!!
	I finally feel like I am doing everything I can to take care of myself.
Oh, for any of you who have been following my posts on which pump to get, I
am initially going with minimed because that is the company that my new
doctor deals with primarily.  And for any of you who gave me college advice
(carrie :)  I am visiting Tufts University tomorow  and University of
Vermont next week so wish me luck!!
	Thanks to all and happy pumping from future pumper, Gianna  :O)
(big genuine smile for the first time in 3 months!!!!)