[IP] Big Problems (continued)

(sorry, the end got cut off- it's the kind of day I am having)

Please Help!
I don't know what is wrong, but in the past four days, my control has gone
from perfect to completely disastrous.  I have tried everything I can think
of.  I have tried changing sites, switching bottles, using shots, changing
pumps, testing my pump for occlusion alarms and the 7.2 unit lead screw
test.  My last hope is that the insulin is bad.  I am getting a new vial

According to my endo, my diet is all wrong.  Apparently the muffin I have
for breakfast is poison (full of sugar you know) and I should be eating more
of a middle-eastern diet.  A slice of toast, egg beaters, tomato, olives,
etc.  Did I mention my Endo is middle-eastern?  He also wants me to cut back
my carbs to 30g breakfast, 30g lunch, and at most 45g dinner.  I don't
understand how that will help.  My ratio will stay the same so I will end up
taking less insulin.  Am I missing some fundamental truth about diabetes
here?  I am really not getting this.  He also wants me to increase my
basals.  I just tested my AM basals yesterday and my BG was rock solid!  I
was told that I should not change too much at once, and he wants me to
change three things at once.  How will I know what worked?  I feel like I
can't eat.  This is all wrong.  I am so tired of trying.

Please let me know what you think.

Ellen Compell (Age 30)
Type II, Pumping since Dec. 1998
MiniMed 507C