Re: [IP] Optimism re diabetes

Carrie,  Awesome!  You are wise beyond your 21 years.  I wish I had had your
wisdom at 21.  Unfortunately, mine did not come until later.
Once I finally accepted my IDD, life became easier and I became happier.
One of the problems with IDD is that we CAN hide it.  I have a brother who
uses crutches and wears braces on his legs since age 2.  He has HAD to be
open and deal with his condition and has done so exceptionally well.  I think
a lot of us who have diseases that do not show physically waste alot of time
trying to hide our diseases.  I am not speaking for everyone, but I know this
was true in my case.  In a way, the visibility of the pump might help young
people deal more openly with their disease...and deal with it sooner too.
Just my opinion.  ellen