[IP] stop posting jokes...tee hee!--IDEA-- and who makes up these insane weight charts?!

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] To end your day....

I have to say that, even though jokes really shouldn't be posted on the list, I laughed my head off at that

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] basal problems since camp, parents
> << (i'm 5'6 and now 115), >>
>  LOL!  I'm 5'6 and about 200.  Tell your mom to yell at me not you.  "Normal"
> weight for 5'6 according to most weight charts is 115 to 125.
> Deb

I'm 5' 2" and haven't weighed 115 since I was about 18.  Even those "normal" estimates sound very low to me.

> as someone who is studying to become a teacher, IDEA (a federal law,
> mentioned here previously) requires that every child be provided with the
> appropriate _LEAST_RESTRICTIVE_ environment in which to receive an
> education.... i'm not sure of the exact clause but it contains the
> phrases, "appropriate education... [in the] ... least restrictive
> environment"  that teacher was breaking the law.... - -jess

You're absolutely right.  I'm a special ed teacher, and the least restrictive environment for any diabetic
child is the classroom he/she would normally be in w/o diabetes!  With a few accommodations in place, such as
those Michael listed, there is no reason to ask a diabetic student to do anything different.