[IP] Re: lethal lancets

> From: "gianna marzilli" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Lethal Lancets

I was diagnosed at age 16, and I loved your post about testing in school.  You're right--asking you to drive
home to test and take insulin is absurd and dangerous!  If I had to do that, I'd be driving home
approximately 16 times a day.  Of course, when I was in high school I didn't take insulin in school, because
I was on a very old fashioned treatment regimen.  However, in college and in work situations, I've never
really given others the option to decide whether or not I can test.  I try to be considerate by not testing
around other people if they are uncomfortable with it, but I feel it is every diabetic's right to take care
of him or herself in any given situation.  (How nice it would be if we could "check diabetes at the door"
while we went to school or work!)  At this point, it's so second nature to me that I sort of forget it's
unusual to test or take insulin.

I know you have to be cautious about the weapons issue (what a joke!), but it's a really dumb rule.  A good
example of enforcing the letter rather than the spirit of the rule.  Good for you for taking care of
yourself, period.

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] Lethal Lancets
> I just want to know if they have removed all of those really lllonnngg
> lethal weapons from All Classrooms?  When I was a kid we called
> them "thumbtacks".  Much longer and definitely more deadly.   ;>(

Not to mention much less sanitary.