[IP] Disetronic Questions

Hello all,
I have had my H-Tron Plus (blue) for one week now. I was a bit depressed at
the beginning because it kinda reminded me all the time that I was diabetic,
not that the shots didn't but I think it was just new to me. I feel better
now and love the control that I have and the freedom--as someone said on the
list --the freedom not so much of when and what to eat---but to NOT eat.  I
love it.
I do have some questions:
1.  as you know with Disetronic you get two pumps--with the second pump do
you put the batteries in it so your ready if you need it?

2.  If so do you program your basals in the second pump?

3. When do you change your cartridge?  a) when your run completely dry, and
if so do you carry with you the extra cartridge so you can change it where
ever you are?  or b) do you just do the change at a convenient time and
waste a bit of insulin?

4. How do you handle high fat or protein meals?  I hear of some doing a temp
increase in basals for a couple of hours-- But with the Disetronic the only
increase is for 12 hours---is this correct?

Well I think that is it for now.  I do want to thank you all for your
comments---and your humor on this list----you guys are great.

Bill Bartram
"You will never possess what you are unwilling to pursue"
Entrepreneur: email @ redacted
ICQ # 39704842 AOL IM: Learn67
Purpose: don't get out of bed without one!!!