Re: [IP] RE: 504

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Michael wrote:

> This is the sort of thing you must contact your STATE board of
> education about. The school/teacher is required by law to assist your
> child in these circumstances. You should not have to resort to
> remedial education. This is unfair to your child.
>
> The state board should have a special needs advocate who will
> represent your child in this matter with the local school authorities
> email @ redacted

as someone who is studying to become a teacher, IDEA (a federal law,
mentioned here previously) requires that every child be provided with the
appropriate _LEAST_RESTRICTIVE_ environment in which to receive an
education.... i'm not sure of the exact clause but it contains the
phrases, "appropriate education... [in the] ... least restrictive
environment"  that teacher was breaking the law.... (in my not so humble
opinion, any teacher who feels it is too much trouble to repeat herself
for any student who asks, is in the wrong profession!!!)

-jess

--
Jessica Elena Marder
email @ redacted