[IP] nutrition labels in Canada

I just got back from a 2 week trip in Alberta and BC, and I noticed that most things didn't have nutrition labels.  Is that the case in most of Canada, or is it a regional thing?  Or perhaps maybe more things had labels and we just didn't buy them...but I suppose I have come to expect them since it becamse law to have them in the US.  Out of curiosity, does it bother you(those who live in Canada)?