Re: [IP] RE: 504

> <Not only must they allow you to eat if you wish, but they must
> allow you extra time if you take time out to test, eat, or anything
> else. >
> We had trouble with this in the 3rd and 4th grades. If Peter was out
> of the room when classroom instructions were given, the teacher
> refused to repeat them. "I'd just be doing it for all of the
> students if I had to do it for one." I had to put Peter into a
> special section (remedial) just so he had a person who would give
> instructions. Made me sick.
This is the sort of thing you must contact your STATE board of
education about. The school/teacher is required by law to assist your
child in these circumstances. You should not have to resort to
remedial education. This is unfair to your child.

The state board should have a special needs advocate who will
represent your child in this matter with the local school authorities