[IP] basal problems since camp, parents

 My bg haven't been perfect since the pump, but they were better BEFORE
I went to camp, I was having night lows then, but the lows don't scare
me as much as the highs. Before camp my cde told me she was surprised
how little my insulin doses were (basals of .4 and .5, .3 too, total
daily doses of 20-30units). At camp I had to up all of my basals by .2,
so they were between .5 and .7, and I think b/c of my snacks they made
us eat, and the high carb meals, my daily dose skyrocketed, at camp it
was between 50-60 units a day, more than on shots!
 Now things are sort of settling down being home from camp, my basals
are back to .4 and .5, but it's no longer doing the trick!!! 2 hr after
dinner I will go up to 200 (i am using carb counting) then I will go on
a 2 mile brisk walk, lowering my basal to .3 for an hour or two, and go
low, well that was the first few days back. Yesterday i had afternoon
lows so my pump was off for a while. I also only checked bg 6 times
yesterday..and my numbers were so ugly:-(  (Robin, trust me, that
Straight A report card is sooo much easier to obtain!)
 At camp I would wake up in the am with a 180 or so, high for me, but
they didn't want lows, and i'd already upped my basals, and my boluses
were twice as big, I figured fine wait til I get home. Last night I did
my walk, cut the basal down for 2 hours, then was 67 at 10pm, I didn't
do anything about the low until 10:30, I ate a pbj sandwich and bolused
2.7 for it, instead of 3, and at 11pm I was 187 (i didn't believe it,
so i rechecked ... 193) To me that seemed like a big jump, and right
now my basals are still HIGHER than precamp, I have no .3s anymore. I
was 168 at 3am, then 182 at 8:30am. my mornings had always been good, I
would wake up between 70 and 90 (my cde and mom both thought that was a
little low, but it would always go up a tad naturally) I don't eat
breakfast now that I'm pumping, so I'm comfortable with the mornings,
but lately everything has been changing! I don't understand the highs
I'm having in the morning now. Someone asked...I'm 15, I do have that
time of the month, but I never make changes before hand b/c sometimes
it's 3 months late, and this time I know it is NOT the prob, it was 2
weeks ago. But I just don't know anymore!
 My mom (ahhh) hated the night lows, I'm a junior in hs next year and
she is already nagging me about how the hech will you ever go away to
college, I don't think she likes the pump, at least not yet--I like it,
but I am so much happier with 90-120 (b4 camp) then the higher numbers
now. And I hate NEVER knowing if it's a site prob or not. Yesterday at
3 am i was 185, my mom decided not to have me bolus (i talked to her
about that later (when i was awake:-)) and i woke up at 272, I figured
it was the site so I changed it, and I came down so fast. This morning
from the 182, at 10 I was only 152.  My daily doses now are about 30
units a day.
 It was nice not to check bg much yesterday, but the b4 meals were
terrible numbers! And then at night I got into it with my mom b/c I
wanted to eat a snack (b4 i my meter told me my bg) so stress there, I
hate being told about weight and such..I am compared to my twin tooo
much to like it! I lost ten pounds my first two weeks on teh pump, the
endo and cde said to gain it back (i'm 5'6 and now 115), but at home I
swear everyone is telling me to watch what i eat and not to gain. I
wish my family would get off my back, i mean my mom was there when I
was told to GAIN weight, not not do that, and the whole point of the
pump is to eat when you're hungry..which i am always at night! I've cut
down, 2 meals and 1 snack a day, except for lows, but sometimes i can
wait and they rise themselves.
  I don't know, just venting. I just wish my mom would relax and not
dare have the nerve to call me fat and the high bgs would go away

Do You Yahoo!?