Re: To Amy re: [IP] basal tests message

Been pumping for years but just recently started to an RD and RN team with
the new technology (IV prep's-wow no more water blisters, Humalog instead of
Velosulin, Carb counting instead of Exchange system).  I too like to eat,
which really affects my blood sugars.

Are you still having periods?  I am finding that post ovulation and pre
period, my basal rates are not adequate to hold me stable.  I would suggest
trying a few times a month and maybe the basals will need to be adjusted
accordingly.  I right now think that the second half of my cycle may affect
my carb to insulin ratio too.