RE: [IP] correlation between HbA1C and average BG

It should also be noted that any average of BS's taken using any meter only
represent those specific times that tests are carried out. The HbA1c
represents an average over a continuous period of time, usually of the order
of three months.  Thus the differences currently being talked of are well
within acceptable limits.  With respect to the units used by us less
fortunate who live outside the USA the formula is
HbA1c = (6 + BS av) / 2
With the latest meters this quick calculation can prove to be a useful
indicator of how things are going.  It can also bring you down to earth if
you let things slide at times. My current Glucotrend Premium meter can
automatically give a 7 Day average at the push of a button.

Alan Reed.