Re: [IP] correlation between HbA1C and average BG

	Linda, Thanks for that website, even though it is from a
pharmaceutical company literature and unreferenced.  The formula derived
from their table is slightly different from the one Michael and I gave.
Theirs is:  A1C = (BG + 60)/30.  Given the variability among labs, this is
easier to remember--just divide your average BG by 30 and add 2, to get the
expected A1C.
	It was interesting that they consider  an average BG of up to 140
to be "normal".  I don't think any normals have most BGs much above 100
-120.  I and others occasionally test friends, and I've never seen anything
much above 100.

<The following website has a section on HbA1c Measurement and includes a
<simple chart that compares the relationship between HbA1c and average blood
<glucose levels:
<                www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/d_06_h00.htm