[IP] number of blood sugar tests each day?

I am on the pump since July 8th.  We are slowly getting my basal, boluses,
carb ratio and targets together.  I am not at a point where I can fast but it
is much better than the first week.  My concern is the number of test strips
I use each day.  It is usually around 10.  My mail order prescription calls
for 6 a day.  Will the number of BS tests needed drop once I get stable on
the pump?  How many times do most people test their BS each day?