[IP] Re: steel magnolias

> From: nancy <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] who should represent diabetes
> So in addition to offending my sensibilites as a diabetic, it flies in the face of all I know about
> transplantation.  It's such a terrible portrayal!  Maybe it is a
> true story - but they sure did leave a lot out in the interest of drama.
> Nancy

Couldn't agree more.  Yes, the movie is based on a true story, but god
knows what happened to it between the time the brother wrote the play
and when it came out as a glossy Hollywood flick.  What bothered me were
the many people who commented about the movie to me, knowing I was
diabetic, obviously having digested this now fictionalized account as
gospel truth about all diabetics.  Yes, a chance to educate, but (big
sigh) sometimes that gets so old.