Re: [IP] Wasting Humalog...changing of the sites and tubing

email @ redacted wrote:
> Change the site...we call it the "button"... every 2 to 3 days.  To do this,
> we just disconnect, pull out the old set, reinsert a new set into a different
> location, and reconnect.
> Approximately every 6 days or when the insulin "cartridge" is low, we then
> will change the cartridge and the line.
> So far, so good.  But, like so many others, we have noticed the need to
> change the site in about 2 1/2 days...blood sugars tend to rise.
> Since I am not a medical professional, I am just restating the information we
> received  from our pump instructors and our D team at Johns Hopkins...and as
> said, so far...so good.
> Just out of curiousity...is anyone else doing this?

Well, sort of. I change the insulin every 3 days or so (sometimes longer),
and change the site every second time. The hose gets changed with every
second infusion site change. This is using Comfort sets, same as your
Tenders, in the 10 canula/5 hose packages, and Humalog mixed with Regular
in a 5 to 1 ratio. I haven't had 2.5 day failures as a regular feature
since I started mixing Humalog and R this way.....
> BTW, we have the Disetronic pump (blue and clear) and use the Tenders...

Ted Quick