Re: [IP] Lethal Lancets

email @ redacted wrote:
> In a message dated 8/1/99 9:55:29 PM EST, email @ redacted writes:
> << Wow. I think that is really harsh. I understand why they do it, but still.
>  what happens if someone has a low blood sugar?  They have to make it to the
>  nurse to test?  --gianna  (but thanks for the war >>
> Yes they can ask for someone else to walk with them but they must go to the
> nurses office. If they collapse or seize the nurse will come to them with a
> wheelchair and bring them down to her office. Doreen-mom of 2 pumpers

Hmmm....sounds like someone should offer to sue the school system for causing
to their diabetic kid, since hypos CAN be dangerous if not treated promptly,
particularly without a forced walk to the nurse's office.

Somebody needs to pont out to these fools that lack of glucose to the
brain is NOT a minor inconvenience to be treated at leisure. Whether or
not it actually harms many people isn't the question, putting diabetic kids
at ANY risk for a baseless rule needs to be stopped.

Ted Quick