[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #337

My son was dx with diabetes 3 and 1/2 years ago and I have never heard of
multiplying by 18 to get the average bg.  When we get his A1c from the endo,
he always gives the corresponding average bg also.  When I take his last A1c
(8.4) and multiply by 18 I get 151--I wish!  They said his avereage bg was
180.  I don't think your factor of 18 is accurate.  Where did you get that
info?  Anyone else heard of it?

Betsy Smith