[IP] numerous basal rates

Our endo also wanted fewer basals but currently my 17 year old son has 5
basals, ranging from .8 to 1.3.  Midnight to 5 a.m. is the highest at 1.3.
5-7 a.m. 1.1, 7-noon (lowest) at .8, noon to 7 p.m. .9, and 7 p.m. to
mindnight 1.2.  If you are getting good numbers with the varying basals, why
would the endo want them changed, just to see fewer rates being used.  That
doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  I thought that was part of the advantage
of pumping in the first place--being able to give the insulin when it is
needed, to maintain level bg's.  I concur with Steve's response of listen to
your team, but do what works for you.  You are the one living with this
disease and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"