Re: [IP] Lethal Lancets

> EEKK  I can see the headlines now  " Student Stabbed to death with
> Lancet"   ha ha  i have to admit that would be one long slow way..
> I would think the person doing the stabbing would die or frustration
> or exhaustion first.  haha
While I don't agree with the policy with respect to kids with
diabetes that must use lancets, bear in mind that a lancet is NOT a
needle, it is a knife, and a very sharp one at that. If you examine
the lancet under a low power miscoscope, you will see that it is a
very tiny, VERY sharp knife at about a 30+ degree angle to the shaft.
It is capable of cutting tissue very easily and that is probably why
the authorities consider it so dangerous. Try it on a piece of paper
or some raw meat an you will see what I mean.

It is essential that every child with diabetes have a 504 plan in
place at their school to allow the use of the necessary medical items
to maintain there health on a day to day, hour to hour basis.