RE: [IP] Lethal Lancets

We had similar ignorance at out school.  It took two notes from the MD, a
policy statement from the Cal School Nurse's Org and a written explanation
of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as, the OSHA regs to
convince them that if they didn't let the kid check in class, then we would
most likely sue them.

Now the District has responded with a policy for testing in the classroom.
And I hope communicated this new attitude to the school administration.
This is all great but way too late to make me complacent.

My attitude now is "Don't tread on me".  If we get ANY further trouble we
will respond as strongly and as quickly as we can.

Pleasanton School District in California has a written policy for testing in
the classroom.  Diabetes Youth Foundation in Pleasanton Ca. has copies.

Get to know your rights and communicate only in writing.  This will suggest
to them that you are prepared to sue.  You don't have to threaten to sue.
Just keep a record of what has transpired and let them know that you are.

I figure that if a policeperson could not remove you from the classroom,
then the school staff certainly can't.

What is it with these principals?  They think that they can just make new

Curtis Lomax